Carter's Quests

My name is Carter. I am a Finance/Accounting double major at the University of Central Florida with one year remaining. I am seeking direction in life. I am searching for happiness. I run. Follow my journey here.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Clocked

Mowed the lawn and washed/cleaned out my car (something that was way overdue) this evening after work. After rehydrating and cooling down, I mapped out a 5K (3.1 mile) route using MapMyRun and thought I felt well enough to give it a go, well that plan was quickly put off, until later in the week, one mile into the run.

I did officially time my run for the first time tonight and ran 2 miles in 16:30, which turns out slightly faster than my previously estimated times. With my first 5K coming up on August 20th, I'm shooting for sub-25 minutes and would be thrilled with sub-24.

After the run, I enjoyed a delicious dinner of Mahi Mahi, a big salad and a big bowl of ice cream. Now off to bed looking foward to tomorrow night's run, till then...

"It's always the challenge of the future, this feeling of excitement, that drives me." ~Yoshihisa Tabuchi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home