Carter's Quests

My name is Carter. I am a Finance/Accounting double major at the University of Central Florida with one year remaining. I am seeking direction in life. I am searching for happiness. I run. Follow my journey here.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm Back

Following a sleepless Wednesday night, I was far too tired to run on Thursday night and my one day off turned into three thanks to the Band Marino concert friday night and a sushi dinner saturday night at Amura's in Lake Mary for my dad and sister-in-law Mel's birthday. Certainly bad excuses, but excuses nonetheless.

Last Wednesday night, I ran 2-miles in the same 16:30 as the night before. I returned tonight to a run of 2-miles followed by a mile of alternating walking and gradual sprints. My legs definately felt the benefit of a three day rest, and one mile into the run I felt that I was flying along when a cramp in my lower right torso killed my paced. I managed to maintain pace enough to achieve a PR of 15:40 for 2-miles.

On the diet side of things I managed to eat almost half of a chocolate cake today for a late breakfast and scarfed down a pair of gigantic, but delicious chicken taco's tonight. I hit a new low weight of 181.4 on friday, but weighed in at 182.8 tonight.

I've now fallen behind on goal mileage for the month, and fear that trying to make up for that deficit may result in injury so I'll have to accept it.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." ~Robert F. Kennedy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home