Carter's Quests

My name is Carter. I am a Finance/Accounting double major at the University of Central Florida with one year remaining. I am seeking direction in life. I am searching for happiness. I run. Follow my journey here.

Monday, August 07, 2006

High Five Kay

Twenty-three minutes and fifteen seconds is all it took to complete a 3.1-mile (5K) loop through the neighborhood. My longest run to date, resulting in a wonderful "runner's high." Although this run was suppose to take place a few days ago, the old saying, "it's better late than never" seems to apply. Overall I felt very steady throughout the run, I got off to my now typical quick start and had to force myself to slow the pace before I ran out of gas. This was my first time running a 5K distance, however I somehow felt that I controlled my running and conserved energy enough to power through the hills late in the run and finish strong. Following what I feel was a successful run, I fear that runs in the immediate future may result in dissapointment if I compare them to tonight.

With my first 5K luming large in 13 days, I'm setting a new goal time of sub-22minutes.

Weight is up to 184.4, so no more cake for me. I'm going to cut back to 1200 calorie days. According to most calorie calculators, I can consume aproximately 2600 calories a day, follow the math:
2600-1200 (diet) + 300 (exercise) = 1700 * 23 days (left in august) = 39100 calories
1 lb = 3500 calories
39100/3500 = 11.17 lbs
184.4 - 11.7 = 173.23
Goal weight for the end of August was 175 lbs so this leaves a bit of room for error.

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." ~Ronald Osborn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home